How To Care For Human Hair Extensions
Do you know how to care your hair extensions? Here's some tips may help you.
Be gentle. One of the most important things about hair extensions is that you have to baby them. When you are brushing your hair, be gentle. Without the proper treatment, your hair extensions will get damaged quickly
Wash with moisturizing hair care products. This step is especially important if you are using hair extensions because the hair will not get any of the moisture from the natural oils your scalp produces. Moisturizing hair care products will keep your hair healthy. If you are longing for shine, use a serum. Many hair care products that promote shine have a drying affect on hair
Don’t forget to deep condition. Once a week you want to deep condition your hair extensions. Leave it on the hair for approximately 20 to 30 minutes and rinse. This extra TLC will give your hair an extra moisturizing boost.
Keep those ends trimmed. No matter what you do, your hair extensions will inevitably get split ends. The best way to keep split ends from getting out of control is to regularly trim them. Trim the ends of the hair every 6 to 10 weeks. Keep in mind that you don’t want to trim too much, otherwise you will quickly lose the length of your hair. You can either do it yourself or have a professional trim them
Use a heat protectant. Nowadays, just about everyone uses heated appliances on their hair. Whether it’s a blow dryer, curling iron or flat iron, they all have one thing in common: they damage your hair. If you want to make your extensions last, your best bet is to use a heat protectant whenever you use a heated appliance on your hair. This simple step will prevent breakage and keep your locks looking great a lot longer.
The following provides general guidance for the are of human hair products.
As each individual product may vary, consult your hair stylist for the specific instructions
1. Blot out excess water with towel and allow hair or dry naturally. Do not expose to sun
2. Comb curly hair gently with your fingers. Do not brush
3. Wash and condition hair regularly
4. Detangle hair gently before washing. Do not rub or twist hair
5. Add mild shampoo to cool water and swish hair till clean. Rinse thoroughly
6. Brush straighter hair in a downward motion straight hair with the ends. Work your way up to the roots.
7. Certain items should not be brushed. EG braids, domes, ETC. Consult your hair stylist if in doubt.
8. Hair may tangled if general care directions are not followed properly